Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thinking About Christmas, Already!

A couple years back, when I was thinking about what Christmas gifts to buy for my children, I ran across an ad for KB Toy Stores and they were selling action figures for less than half of the price that they normally go for. The sale started at 5 am and we were there waiting with all the other serious Black Friday shoppers. Don't know what Black Friday is? Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when all the stores open their doors early for the official first day of Christmas shopping with the hottest sales of the year. Stores literally drop prices so low that you just want to be there to get a hold of some of those great deals. You have seen those walmart ads that show up in your mailbox the week before Thanksgiving with the great deals if you get there in line by O'dark thirty, haven't you? Of course you have. So back to my action figure story. We picked up a ton of these figures for our boys and spent very little money. They were a hit! The kids loved them and they had an entire collection of them.

This year, I will be looking for the ads from the sporting good stores. I'd love to be able to get them some items to promote their interest in sports!

Until my next post, thanks for reading, and keep sports on your mind.

No comments: