Tuesday, April 1, 2008

NHL, WHERE ARE YOU???

It was brought to my attention today from my brother Paul that I haven't wrote anything about the National Hockey League on my blog yet. Well he was right, I haven't. I haven't for two reasons, the first being that I have been preoccupied with March Madness and MLB beginning, and the second, well unfortunately hockey is my least favorite sport to watch and or talk about. I just haven't been able to really get into hockey throughout the years. Now don't get me wrong, I do think hockey is an awesome sport and it is very interesting to watch, as long as you know the rules of the game, I should say. OK, I guess it's enjoyable to watch even if you don't know the rules. If you don't watch hockey for anything else, at least the fights are always entertaining.

I don't think that I'm alone though when it comes to hockey. If I were to take a poll on how many people really keep up with the NHL I'm sure that the numbers would be something like this; 85% for not really, verses, 15% for all the time. It's just a sport that isn't really loved or followed by many, I do know that. There are just too many baseball, basketball and/or football games on to watch rather than watching hockey in my opinion. Hockey for me, takes 4TH place after those other 3 main sports. Sorry, some people really love it, like my brother, but for me, I just haven't been able to get into it. That doesn't mean that it's any good, it just means, that I don't follow it. Plain and simple!!! But since this is a sports blog, I thought that I should say something about the NHL just to make it right. Right???

I guess I just haven't allowed myself to really get to know the sport much for whatever reasons and haven't given the NHL it's chance to take me captive. I'm sure that I've been missing something really great. Maybe this is the time to give hockey a chance and see where the NHL takes me. Thanks bro for enlightening me on hockey.

Even though I'm a sports guru nut, there are limits I suppose. Hockey as you can see, by what I've been writing thus far tonight, has obviously been mine. I do know one thing though, and that is, the NHL will be ending their regular season in 5 days and the playoffs will be starting. That's about all I can tell you about the NHL for this year. Maybe I'll be more up on hockey by this time next year and be able to give you all some good advice. I hope!

So anyways, don't hate me for being behind in the realm of hockey, just chalk it up as, different strokes for different folks...

Until my next post, thanks for reading, and keep sports on your mind.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Well thanks for the acknowledgement, buddy. At least you mentioned the sport now.

I'll give you a quick update on hockey...

THE AVS ROCK!!!

That's all you need to know, really. Straight up.
If you know nothing else about hockey, then root for them.

Peace!

-Paul