Friday, March 28, 2008

SWEET VICTORY!!!

Last night my favorite collage basketball team the Louisville Cardinals put a 19 point beat down on a very good #2 seeded Tennessee Volunteers squad lead by senior guards Chris Lofton and JaJuan Smith to advance to the Elite 8. The Cardinals defense smothered the Tennessee star guard Chris Lofton the whole game making his shots very difficult. Lofton wasn't even a factor in the fist half. He scored the majority of his 15 points in the second half and most of his points off of free throws. Way to go defense!!!

Now on the Louisville squad the Cardinals had 5 players in double digits in points and one other man just missing double digits with 9 points. The cardinals were lead by their Sophomore forward Earl Clark who finished the game with a double double 17 points and 12 rebounds. Louisville's Senior center David Padgett is the leader and spark plug that I believe keeps that team rolling. Padgett finished with 10 points, 8 Rebound, 3 assists and a lot of hustle. All in all the Louisville Cardinals looked great last night and they are a very hot team right now with a Hall of Fame head coach in Rich Pitino navigating that ship. That has to be scary for teams that have to play them right now.

OK I have to confess, the Louisville Cardinals are now destined to battle the squad I've predicted to win the National Championship tomorrow night in the North Carolina Tar Heels in the Elite 8 and now I'm going to be put in a bitter sweet situation both ways. My confession is this; As much as I want my prediction for the Tar Heels to win the National Championship this year to come true, I want the Louisville Cardinals to beat them tomorrow night even more. Wow, what an oxymoron that is. The bitter sweet part about it all is that the Tar Heels are still in the tournament as I predicted but my Louisville Cardinals have made it further than I thought they would and now are putting me in a predicament. I still want the Tar Heels to win it all but then again I also want the Louisville Cardinals to win it all now that they have made it this far. What am I to do? Root for the Tar Heels or root for my favorite squad the Cardinals. What a catch 22 I'm in! Stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Well, let me put it this way. I guess I'll just have come to the acceptance that it will be OK with either the Tar Heels or Cardinals winning the National Championship this year. I'll just have to make my mind up with that so I'll be OK with whoever wins tomorrow night. That will allow me to enjoy the game better. I'm sure I will probably root for my Cardinals a little more though. Who wouldn't? Now if neither one of them win it all then that will be a real drag. I just do not see that happening though. I'm confident that either the Tar Heels or Cardinals will pull through. Let me make another quick prediction for you right now. I'm going to say this; Whoever wins the game between the Tar Heels and the Cardinals tomorrow night, Will win the National Championship this year, hands down. Enough said!!!

Oh and one more thing I think is really cool. If your staying up the Woman's NCAA tournament take a guess what two squads are playing each other in their Sweet 16? That's right the North Carolina Tar Heels against the Louisville Cardinals. Isn't the that something? Go Louisville girls!!! Win, win, win!!! I just thought I would throw that in there just in case you didn't know.

OK, enjoy watching the game tomorrow night. Win Tar Heels win, I mean Cardinals, my bad. Lol!!! Oh heck with it, one of you two win.

Until my next post, thanks for reading, and keep sports on your mind.

No comments: