Sunday, March 16, 2008

IT'S ALL SET!!!

Well there you have it, the 63 teams for the men's NCAA tournament has been established with the 64TH team going to be whoever wins the play-in game between Mt. St. Mary's and Coppin St. Well what do you think? Do you think the #1 seeds are the right teams that should have been seeded #1? I think they got it right myself. North Carolina, Kansas, Memphis, and UCLA. Those are going to be some tough teams to beat this year. For some reason I feel that this year may be a year that all four #1 seeds make it to the Final 4 with the exceptions of Duke maybe squeaking past UCLA in the Elite 8 to make it into the Final 4 and or Texas pulling out a thriller to knock off Memphis also in the Elite 8 to advance to the Final 4. That's yet to be seen though! North Carolina, North Carolina, North Carolina, I think they are the team to beat and the favorite to win it all this year, at least in my opinion.

So who is going to be the Cinderella team this year? Is there even going to be a Cinderella this year? Well my prediction of the team possibly putting on their glass slippers and pulling out the magic to be called the Cinderella this year could only be one team. The team I'm picking is; are you ready for this? American!!! Ha, ha just kidding, American couldn't beat Tennessee if Tennessee's whole team played with one arm tied behind their backs. Really my answer is, no team will be able to live up to being called Cinderella this year. I just don't see that happening this year. But hey, I'm known to be wrong sometimes. I guess we will just have to watch and see to find out the true answer to the possible Cinderella this year. I'm looking forward for the Madness to get started and can't hardly wait to see my NCAA brackets come to life and the teams I've picked to win, win.

Oh yeah, let's not forget about the woman's NCAA tournament. Their seedings are established tomorrow. Fill out a bracket on them too. Those girl are just as talented as the men but just not as strong. They are enjoyable to watch if you really like the game of basketball. Most sports fans just don't keep up with the woman sports as much as they do with the men's sports. That's sad because woman do have some awesome raw talent that's displayed when they play which is hardly never even seen by national viewers. I think we need to start giving the woman more credit when it comes to sports, they deserve it. If you have never watched a woman's NCAA basketball game especially during the March Madness tournament you may want to reconsider your options this year because they are good.

Have fun picking your brackets and watching the upcoming Madness!!!

Until my next post, thanks for reading, and keep sports on your mind.

No comments: